Subject: New issue - ASSERT activity.

I'd like to propose the addition of an assertion facility to the BPEL
language. Specifically I'd like to see <precondition> and <postcondition>
elements added to the list of standard elements, something along the lines
of:
  <any-activity>
     <precondition>
	    <expression language="XPath">
	       some-xpath-expression
	    </expression>
     </precondition>
     <postcondition>
	    <expression language="XPath">
	       some-xpath-expression
	    </expression>
     </postcondition>

  </any-activity>

Interpetation of the <pre-/post-condition> elements would be optional, but
if assertions are enabled the expressions must evaluate to "true" or else
the process instance is immediately terminated (ala <terminate>).
Assertions would be available to both executable and abstract processes.
-standard argument for assertions goes here-.

-maciej

--
Maciej Szefler [mbs(a)fivesight.com] [+1-312-432-0556x226]