Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 106 - ASSERT activity.

The story I'm after is more along the lines of expressing an abstract
contract, certainly my intent was not to propose a mechanism to express
run-time behavior. In retrospect, I should have not included the
references to termination semantics; what "happens" in terms of run-time
behavior if an invariant is violated is almost irrelevant: a process that
has such a violation is not valid (or in bizarro-world the process is
valid but the BPEL implementation is not). I'm not opposed to leaving the
consequences of assertion violations in the netherworld of
implementation-dependent behavior which might make the
contract-orientation a bit more obvious. Also I noticed that I had a
Freudian slip with the subject line "ASSERT activity", which actually
materially misrepresents the proposal ("Activity Assertions" would be
better).

My apologies to Peter for cross-posting the new issue to the list, it
seems I could not limit my careless to the subject line alone.

-maciej

--
Maciej Szefler [mbs(a)fivesight.com] [+1-312-432-0556x226]