Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Groups - BPEL Data Manipulation Options (formerly MS-01.rtf) modified

John,

I think this use case should be renamed to

'Simple BPEL XML data assignment between structures / variables'.

BTW - does this use XPath V1.0 ?  I'm suspecting that the loop
example may be XPath V2.0?

Its probably a stretch to call this as use case however - its more
like a tutorial example!

Maybe the use case is really something like -

 "Extracting and interchanging data between process steps"

It also heavily highlights why you need the CAM use cases for
full up content validation and true manipulation of content - such
as replacing code values, or checking part numbers, full date
format handling, and then handling context rules, structure
variations, and so on [what happens in the BPEL if the field
you want is not there, or the data is missing?!?  ; -) ]

Thanks, DW.

----- Original Message -----
From: <jevdemon@microsoft.com>
To: <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 10:17 AM
Subject: [wsbpel] Groups - BPEL Data Manipulation Options (formerly
MS-01.rtf) modified

MS-01.rtf) has been modified by John Evdemon (jevdemon@microsoft.com).

> Document Description:
> This is a Technical Use Case designed to illustrate various options for
manipulating data with BPEL.  Technical Use Cases are designed to clarify
the BPEL specification and do not necessarily have workflows associated with
them.

> The following options are illustrated: Variable initialization, Assignment
of string, numeric, boolean and date values, Assignment of variables by
copying other variable's values, Sample XPath calculations, Working with
array structures

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/download.php/6045/BPEL%20Data%20Manipulation%20Options%20

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/document.php?document_id=6045

> PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email
application
> may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and
paste

> -OASIS Open Administration

the OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/members/leave_workgroup.php.