Subject: RE: [wsbpel] BPELJ

Yaron,

Maybe this is not the appropriate place to discuss this, but I am curios why
you have chosen to introduce in-line Java instead of relying on WSDL
extensions to invoke Java functionality (or anything other technology for
that matter), like Apache's WSIF (http://ws.apache.org/wsif/), and let BPEL
focus on the orchestration in a non-implementation-specific fashion?

Regards,

Kristofer

-----Original Message-----
From: Yaron Y. Goland [mailto:ygoland@bea.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 4:13 PM
To: wsbpeltc
Subject: [wsbpel] BPELJ

Although it has been in the news I thought I would still send a note
pointing out that BEA and IBM have recently released a joint whitepaper
describing our shared vision for how BPEL and Java should work together
called BPELJ. This whitepaper will be submitted for consideration by JSR
207 in the JCP.

BPELJ is a consumer of the BPEL standard and so I hope the BPELJ effort
will be able to contribute practical feedback on what it's like to use BPEL.

You can find out more about BPELJ at:
http://ftpna2.bea.com/pub/downloads/ws-bpelj.pdf
and
ftp://www6.software.ibm.com/software/developer/library/ws-bpelj.pdf

	Thanks,

OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/members/leave_workgroup.
php.