Subject: RE: [wsbpel] IPR claims and licenses

Title: Message
Hi James,

> 1.  Contributors are not required to provide license terms until a specification that uses the contributions is up for approval.
> It's my understanding that the approval stage for this TC is still several months away.   So the decision by the five contributors to post their terms earlier was voluntary.

It was my understanding that the license terms so far published by the five submitters exclusively applied to their original contribution and did not necessarily extend to the following TC work and, in particular, to the future final specification. Your wording here seems to imply that my original interpretation was incorrect, and that those terms do indeed extend to the future final spec. Could you please confirm, and possibly point out terms of the published agreements that support your interpretation?

Thank you,
Ugo

Dr. Ugo Corda
SeeBeyond Technology Corporation