Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue 103 - draft proposal

Understood what you mean.
We shall explicitly document usage examples that just you mentioned in the final proposal for voting and in the spec after this issue is passed.

Thanks.

Regards,
Alex

Danny van der Rijn wrote:
i agree that your interpretation is one that is consistent with the
proposal.  the question boils down to this, though:

the $var syntax is proposed to make *addressing* easier.  however, once it
exists, it enables new *functionality*.  where we used to have to write:

exists(getVariableData('foo', 'a')//bar) or exists(getVariableData('foo',
'b')//bar)

we can now write

exists($foo//bar)

this is new functionality in that our shorthand now gives us the ability to
operate on the variable as a whole, rather than multiple parts
independently.

i think we should allow it, as well, but i also think that it should be
allowed explicitly rather than implicitly.

danny