Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Re: Issue 34 - Proposal for vote

Paco,

    I appreciate your response, but I respectfully have to say that I
still don't understand the value of delay. To address your points:

    Let us suppose that we do delay, and that in two or three months a
W3C working group is created to develop WS-MD/WS-A into public
specifications. Could we, the WS-BPEL TC, then take a dependency on this
anticipated new specification? The answer is clearly no, as the WSDL 2.0
precedent you cited shows. Therefore waiting for such a working group to
form is rather pointless. Or had you in mind something different from a
dependency on such a specification?

    Our TC has a large number of outstanding issues to be resolved, many
of which "interact" with each other. The sooner we resolve some issues,
the easier it will be to resolve the remaining ones. We do have a
limited amount of time available [1], and deliberate delays will
ultimately delay the completion of our work. (This TC formed over a year
ago; my eldest child has grown over ten centimetres in that time span! :-)

-Ron

[1] Our charter states that "The final draft of the resultant
specification will be due within 9 months of the first meeting", so we
are already late.