Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 126 - Event Handlers with local partnerLinks & Correlation Sets

Prasad Yendluri wrote:

> Precisely. We already have an implicit scope asscoiated with
> EvenHandlers. The spec currently says:
>
> "The variable and messageType attributes constitute the declaration of
> a variable of that name and type _within an implicit scope associated
> with the event handler_."
>
> So, I am also suggesting we leverage that...
>
> Regards, Prasad

If it comes down to explicit vs implicit, I would prefer to see an
explicit declaration. That way I can decide whether the partner link,
correlation set or variable is localized to the event handler or used
from the parent scope, in the case of correlation set actually declare
the properties being used, and if needed, declare any other partner
link, correlation set or variable for use specifically within that event
handler.

If event handlers were an extension of scope, they could allow for these
explicit declaration, and since the scope is created at the time the
event handler is triggered, also perform local assignments correctly.
This solution would work consistently for both partner link, variable
and correlation set and would be easy to understand based on the
existing set of rules.

Assaf

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature