Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Error: Error handling process?

Hi Yuzo,
These should probably opened as issues.   If the error amounts to a simple editing change, it doesn't need to go through the issues process - an email to the spec editing team is sufficient.   All other items should have issues opened so everyone can review and we have a way to keep track.  If you feel an item should be reviewed by the full TC and the solution is fairly apparent,  I'd suggest that you open an issue and submit a proposal to vote with the suggested resolution promptly thereafter.  The issues list has a field called "qualifier" where you could indicate that this is an error.   At present, this field indentified various types of issues (typo, clarification, enhancement, requirement and so on ) although I'm not sure its been used extensively.
I agree that the increase in the number of issues for these is ok.  I am not so concerned with how many we open but  rather that we continue to make  progress resolving them.
Regards, Diane
IBM  Dynamic e-business Technologies
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123

Yuzo Fujishima <fujishima@bc.jp.nec.com>

06/30/2004 07:29 AM

wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
[wsbpel] Error: Error handling process?

Dear WSBPEL TC members:

I think we might want to have some rule or at least convention to
report and track clear errors, not issues, in the specification.
For example, how about prepending the subject line with "Error:"?
Or should we have a dedicated subgroup to receive, publish, and track
error findings?

(We can submit an error as an issue, but I guess that can increase
the number of issues greatly. Personally, I think it is OK, though.)

Anyway, here is the error I found:
The last sentence in 14.8. Event Handlers
 "... In addition, the outputVariable attribute is not optional
  for invoke when the operation concerned is a request/response
  operation."
should be removed because this is irrelevant to event handlers.
(Seems like a cut-and-paste remainder.)

Yuzo Fujishima
NEC Corporation