Subject: [wsbpel] Allowing a new process instance to be created by "pick onAlarmuntil"

Ugo, so far, all onAlarm specifications are associated with a process
instance or an active scope in a process instance. This would be different
from all other cases where the instance comes into existence first before
timer-driven behavior is processed.

A possible scenario would be having two picks (rendezvous) with
createInstance="yes" and onAlarm. The "first" message would create a new
instance (on that pick, the onAlarm is ignored), and the "second" message
must arrive in time before the onAlarm on the other pick goes off.

Kind Regards
DK

             "Ugo Corda"
             <UCorda@SeeBeyond
                                       <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>
             22.07.2004 23:36                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       [wsbpel] Allowing a new process
                                       instance to be created by "pick
                                       onAlarm until"

Currently the spec does not allow a Pick with createInstance=yes when
alarms are specified. I don't see a good rationale for having this
restriction in the case onAlarm specifies a particular time for the
associated activities to occur ("until" case).

Relaxing this restriction would be useful when we want a process
instance to start at a particular time, possibly on a periodical base.
An alternative way of achieving the same effect would be by defining a
receive from a "partner" representing the deployment environment, and
having the environment itself send a message at the appropriate time.
But I think it would be more clear if we use the pick-onAlarm construct
instead.

Unless somebody shows me that the idea does not make sense, I'll file a
formal issue for it.

Ugo

the OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/members/leave_workgroup.php