Subject: AW: [wsbpel] Issue - 2 - Reopen the discussion

As units of reusability, I believe that a subprocess must not share
variables from the scope it is "invoked" by. A subprocess that relies on
data that it can access from the outside is quite fragile, and its re-use
has strong preconditions.

Maybe we should distinguish between subprocesses and some sort of
"subroutines" which run in the context of the "invoking" scope.

The difference between a subprocess and a "subroutine" would be that the
former is more "autonomous", can be outsourced and run be a partnern etc..

I would discard your sentence in parentheses in (6.1). Independent of how
you kicked-off a subprocess, you want the ability to request its
termination.

Compensation of subprocesses can get subtle: If you invoke it
"synchronously" you define a compensation handler with the invoke. I think
that this compensation handler is used for compensation form the
compensating scope's perspective. If there is no such a compensation handler
defined, compensation of the subprocess itself must be started. But what
does that mean? What is "the" compensation handler of the subprocess? An
asynchronously kicked-off subprocess leads to the same questions...

Regards,
Frank