Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 152 - Clarification of usage of "reference-scheme" attributeof "service-ref" element

+1

Paco

                      "Yaron Y. Goland"
                      <ygoland@bea.com>        To:       wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org
                                               cc:
                      07/28/2004 12:25         Subject:  Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 152 - Clarification of usage of "reference-scheme"
                      PM                        attribute of "service-ref" element
                      Please respond to
                      ygoland

I'd like to propose a 3rd option - remove reference-scheme all together.

The definition of reference-scheme and how it should be used with
various EPRs is ambiguous at best. I don't believe we can usefully
reduce the ambiguity without also becoming a lot more specific than any
of us want to in regards to EPRs.

But EPR's ambiguity means that the reference-scheme's utility as a
generic handle onto EPRs is questionable. Therefore why don't we just
get rid of the reference-scheme attribute? If an EPR needs some kind of
higher level disambiguator then let a URI be defined as an attribute on
the EPR's root element by the EPR author themselves. Let's keep BPEL out
of it.

                         Just a thought,

                                     Yaron

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/members/leave_workgroup.php