Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 152 - Clarification of usage of "reference-scheme"attribute of "service-ref" element

Alex,

In my opinion this proposal requires too many assumptions. First one has
to assume that disambiguation will need to occur above the EPR layer.
Then one has to assume that if such a disambiguation is necessary and
needs to occur above the EPR layer then a single attribute will be
sufficient.

I think both assumptions are based on facts not in evidence.

I think the real test is the language we would have to put in the spec.
It would have to read something to the effect of "Well here is this URL
and um... well.. we really don't know what it means. It will be used in
some undefined way to enable some undefined EPRs to somehow
differentiate each other in some undefined manner."

In any case, I think that both of us are just repeating our arguments to
each other. This convinces me that we are probably not going to agree
and that the best thing to do is to just have a vote.

I would request that if you do put up a proposal for vote on this issue
that you include the text you would like to see in the spec. Only in
that way can we finally settle exactly what you intend the semantics of
the attribute to be.

	Thanks,

		Yaron