Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue - 149 - proposal to vote

Title: Message
Dear Alex,

Yes it does indeed - thank you.  You are quite correct.  I was confusing instance and schema.  Looking it up properly this time it also seems that xml:lang gets special treatment in that the namespace prefix xml: does not need to be explicitly declared - I was wondering if we would need to add such a declaration but it appears not - RIP

Best Regards     Tony
A M Fletcher

Cohesions  (TM)

Business transaction management software for application coordination       www.choreology.com

Choreology Ltd., 68 Lombard Street, London EC3V 9LJ     UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1473 729537   Fax: +44 (0) 870 7390077  Mobile: +44 (0) 7801 948219
tony.fletcher@choreology.com     (Home: amfletcher@iee.org)

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Yiu [mailto:alex.yiu@oracle.com]
Sent: 24 August 2004 21:01
To: Tony Fletcher
Cc: 'Satish Thatte'; 'Francisco Curbera'; wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org; Alex Yiu

Hi, Tony,

Those two attributes are already optional, which is XSD default.
And, about the "ref" thing:
<attribute ref="xml:lang"/>
That is a XML construct. That means we are refering and using a globally declared attribute and the QName of attribute name is "xml:lang".

Again, this pattern is a direct copy-and-paste from XSD documentation pattern.

I hope this clarifis the picture.