Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue 6 - Rough draft of proposal for vote

I'll answer both your and Edwin's questions in the same e-mail since I
believe your concerns to be similar.

I do believe that N-out-of-M happens, although in our experience much
less rarely then the simple orJoin semantics defined below. It is to
support N-out-of-M that I proposed issue 142 - Break & Continue. The
appropriate application of Break and Continue can model N-out-of-M
semantics.

But, and again this is just our experience, we find that in the majority
of cases users just want simple or-join semantics and so under the
general rule of easy things should be easy and hard things possible I
propose this solution to issue 6 for easy things and issue 142 for hard
things.

As for the appropriateness of termination, we generally find that
termination has proven to be the most desired semantics for orJoins
amongst our users. I make no claim to universality, I can only relate
our own experiences. In these cases once a flow has finished the
activities of the remaining flows are not terribly useful but if we
leave them running (with their results ignored) this causes all sorts of
nasty concurrency problems. By just immediately terminating (with the
bpws:forcedTermination handler for clean up, if any is needed) then we
leave a lot fewer things to go wrong.

	Thanks,

		Yaron