Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Comment on Section 9.2 Variables

There are numerous well known problems with our use of XML Schema. Most
of these problems are a consequence of XML Schema's design. XML Schema
is incapable of describing BPEL's syntax. In fact, XML Schema is
incapable of describing any extensible system's syntax. [1]

When faced with conflicts between BPEL's desired syntax and XML Schema's
numerous limitations we have consistently chosen to stick with BPEL's
syntax and make a note in the spec that a particular restriction is not
enforced by XML Schema. That is why the language you quoted is in the spec.

	Thanks,

		Yaron

[1] <http://www.goland.org/Tech/xmlschemabackwardscompat.htm>