Subject: [wsbpel] expressionLanguage and queryLanguage URI

Hi,

In the course of Issue 89 discussion today, Chris Keller mentioned a very good point the URI value of the expression language and query language.

Currently, http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xpath-19991116 is used as the default value of both expression language and query language, which represents XPath 1.0.

In order for us to make use of XPath 1.0 within BPEL, the BPEL spec needs to define additional semantics for the cross-language bindings. Those details are actually specific to BPEL language in a sense. Strictly speaking, it is not appropriate to "hijack" the W3C namespace for our own use.

Therefore, I suggest to replace the following text in BPEL spec:

The default value for this attribute is XPath 1.0, represented by the URI of the XPath 1.0 specification: http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xpath-19991116.

with:

The default value for this attribute is:  "urn:oasis:names:tc:wsbpel:2.0:sublang:xpath1.0", which represents the usage of XPath 1.0 within WS-BPEL 2.0. The URI of the corresponding XPath 1.0 specification is: http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xpath-19991116.

I have done some internet searching on OASIS URN namespace convention.
Reference: http://wayf.internet2.edu/opensaml/java/doc/api/constant-values.html
I believe we still need try to get some official document from OASIS on how to use an OASIS-based URN.

Does the above make sense?
If so, I will open a new issue.