Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue 115 - RE: [wsbpel] appendix C revision

I agree with Francisco. My real worry with Appendix C is that it is
essentially another
transaction/coordination protocol that needs supporting somehow in the wider
scheme of
things. Now OK, I believe the intention is that it can be mapped to WS-BA,
WS-TXM or whatever, but that mapping is not necessarily straighforward at
present and is it going to be any easier in the future as efforts on Web
Services transactions/coordination protocols evolve?

For expressing interoperability concerns, this appendix is obviously
necessary if we want to work purely in the domain of WS-BPEL. Of course
another approach to interoperability could be to deal with this at a more
abstract
level: define requirements without talking about message interactions and
then make a statement that interoperability is either down to the
implementations to guarantee if it is a requirement or its part of the
coordination protocol that
is used (e.g., if two implementations use WS-BA, then you'd hope they would
do so in an interoperable manner rather than use proprietary extensions).

I think removing the appendix is one option, but I do believe there is value
in keeping it in some form. It would be easier if the text was explicitly
non-normative, assuming we keep it.

Mark.

----
Mark Little,