Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 166 - Proposal To Vote

andrew -

it would be incorrect to state that assign has ACID properties - neither Consistency nor Durability is mentioned here.  and i think that the conflation of Atomic with ACID is what got us to the point of discussing Isolation in the first place.

andrew.francis@mail.mcgill.ca wrote:
Hello Danny:

"The assign activity MUST be atomic, that is either all
<copy> elements  are performed, or none are.

I have two suggestions. The first is to state that
assign exhibits ACID properties. This is the natural
language narrative. Secondly, write an appendix, which
in a more formal language, describes the behaviour of
assign. This way we get rid of the ambiguity for the
BPEL engine designer.

Cheers,
Andrew