Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 179 - Type Compatibility in Assignment of EPRs

Hi Prasad, it is fine with me if this clarification is addressed as part of
51. From the mail exchange in 51, this was not clear to me when I submitted
179, and I agree that it should be made more explicit.
Kind Regards
DK

             Prasad Yendluri
             <pyendluri@webmet
             hods.com>                                                  To
                                       Dieter Koenig1/Germany/IBM@IBMDE,
             23.11.2004 21:55          wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 179 - Type
                                       Compatibility in Assignment of EPRs

Hi Dieter,

If either from-spec or the to-spec is a partnerLink, it seems all one
could do is either copy from a "role" or copy to a "role" in the
partnerLink.

The spec claims one can only use this (partnerLink) form of from-spec or
to-spec to manipulate endpoint references associated with the (roles in
the) partnerLink.

I can see the from-spec being a literal or a variable defined to hold
EPRs etc. and to-spec a variable defined to hold EPRs.  I guess it is
not enough to say  that "an assignment to/from a partner link IS allowed
when the from/to spec is a variable of a WSDL message type."  The
variable could have been defined by other forms allowed (type and
element) as well. However I believe it must have been defined to hold
EPRs and any variable.

Finally I agree with Yaron that this can be subsumed by 51, though I
would like to see this specific aspect captured in the description of
issue 51.

Thanks.

Prasad

ws-bpel issues list editor wrote:
 > This issue has been added to the wsbpel issue list with a status of
"received".
 > The status will be changed to "open" if the TC accepts it as
identifying a bug
 > in the spec or decides it should be accepted specially. Otherwise it
will be
 > closed without further consideration (but will be marked as
"Revisitable")

 > The issues list is posted as a Technical Committee document to the
OASIS WSBPEL
<http://www.choreology.com/external/WS_BPEL_issues_list.html>.

 > Issue - 179 - Type Compatibility in Assignment of EPRs
 >
 > *Status:* received
 > *Date added:* 12 Nov 2004
 > *Categories:* Data handling <#category_data_handling>
 > *Date submitted:* 12 November 2004
 > *Submitter:* Dieter Koenig <mailto:dieterkoenig@de.ibm.com>
 > *Document:* Specification working draft, Section 9.3.1, "Type
Compatibility in
 > Assignment".
 >
 > The from-spec is a variable of a WSDL message type and the to-spec is
not,
 > or vice versa. This is not legal because parts of variables,
selections of
 > variable parts, or endpoint references cannot be assigned to/from
variables
 > of WSDL message types directly.
 >
 > One could interpret this as if an assignment from a variable of a
WSDL message