Subject: Issue - 170 - Proposed Text

We resolved issue 170 by saying that I would propose some text for an
implementer's note that I would first send out to the list for review.
Here is the text I think we should add.

Insert after the paragraph in section 11.4 that begins "Note that the
<reply> activity corresponding to a given request has two potential forms."

Implementer's Note: BPEL treats faults generically, without respect to
which particular transport they have been bound to. Normally, when
sending or receiving a fault, a BPEL would specify generic fault
information in the abstract fault message and then a WSDL 1.1 binding
would transform that generic information into/from specific error
information unique to the transport being bound to. In the case of SOAP
this would mean providing a mapping between generic fault data and
SOAP's fault code, fault string, fault actor and fault description
values. However the WSDL 1.1 standard SOAP binding explicitly precludes
mapping any information from an abstract fault message to a bound SOAP
fault other than the fault description. In other words there is no
standard way to specify information in a BPEL that will eventually be
bound into the fault code, fault string and fault actor values of a SOAP
fault. This specification does not provide a resolution for this problem.