Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 92 - Proposal for vote

Hi Alex, indeed, it was the intention to make declarations mandatory for
all extensions (b). Your point (a) sounds absolutely reasonable to me, this
should be kept consistent. I do not have a clear preference for (c); I
could imagine additional extension-specific declarations within the
<extension> element, however, I do not have a scenario at hand.
Kind Regards
DK

             Alex Yiu
             <alex.yiu@oracle.
                                       Dieter Koenig1/Germany/IBM@IBMDE
             23.12.2004 00:26                                           cc
                                       wsbpeltc
                                       <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>, Alex
                                       Yiu <alex.yiu@oracle.com>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 92 - Proposal
                                       for vote

Hi, DK

I am agree with your proposal, generally speaking.

There are few things/questions I would to mention/ask:
(a) BPEL's current convention is using "yes" or "no" (bpws:tBoolean)
instead of "true" or "false" (xsd:boolean).

(b) Does this proposal mean ALL BPEL extension points
(element/attribute) MUST be always declared with this syntax? Otherwise,
the BPEL implementation should reject the process.

I presume the answer is yes by reading the implication of the text. It
would be nice to have explicit text on that.

(c) I presume the <extension> related syntax does not have its own
extension points. (e.g. location of extension definition). Again
explicit text on this would be appreciated.

Dieter Koenig1 wrote:

>Proposed resolution for Issue 92:
>A new subelement of the process root element is used to declare extensions
>used in the process and specify whether they must be understood by the
>BPEL runtime.
>
>Rationale:
>This declaration provides information needed by the process deployer in
>order to decide whether a BPEL process containing language extensibility
>elements can be executed by the runtime.
>
>Add text to section 6.2. The Structure of a Business Process
>
>   <process ...>
>      <extensions>?
>         <extension namespace="anyURI" mustUnderstand="true|false"/>+
>      </extensions>
>   </process>
>
>Add text to section 6.3. Language Extensibility
>
>   The "extensions" subelement of the process is used to declare all
>   namespaces of BPEL extension attributes/elements and indicate
>   whether they carry runtime semantics that must be understood by
>   the BPEL runtime.
>
>   If the runtime does not support one or more of the extensions with
>   mustUnderstand="true", then the process MUST NOT be deployed.
>   Extensions declared with mustUnderstand="false" MAY be ignored by the
>   runtime.
>
>Kind Regards
>DK
>

>To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of
the OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/members/leave_workgroup.php
.