Subject: Re: AW: [wsbpel] Issue 136 - Proposal For Vote

Hello:

> On one hand we have users of languages like Visual Basic,
> Perl, Python  and JavaScript which all support the
> equivalent of static switch and  if-then-elseif-else ala
> Issue 136.

Python does not have a switch statement.

I feel there are far stronger reasons for a Perl, or
Python programmer to not consider using WS-BPEL than
WS-BPEL's lack of a static switch statement.

> On the other hand we have early BPEL adopters who
> knowingly adopted a brand new language that was under
> active standards development?

I find the naming of "switch" inappropriate. However
the "switch" that is really a "if-then-else" works.
I suspect it will cost the existing user base money
to make what is essentially a cosmetic change. Often
language features have to be changed or deprecated. And
I think that most user bases can appreciate language
changes that were well thought out and provide value.
However I think it is a poor policy to expect early
adopters to have "caveat emptor" attitude towards
one's language.

Cheers,
Andrew