Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue 189: Eliminate JoinConditions always evaluatingonly after all source activities are complete

This issue is, in my opinion, a feature request.

The BPEL specification was explicitly defined to put in place a control
dependency between the source and target of a link. In fact, exactly
that language is used in section 6.1.

In other words, one of the primary purposes of a link is ordering and
that ordering applies regardless of the outcome of the join condition.

This issue would have us change that behavior, not because it is faulty
but because it is inefficient. But that inefficiency was a known side
effect of the design and was accepted by the designers in return for
allowing explicitly ordering control.

Therefore there is no bug here per say. Rather there is a desire to
change a feature to work in a different way. That is a feature request
and therefore I believe this issue should go through the super-majority
voting process before being accepted.

		Yaron