Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [wsbpel] Issue 82 - Adding requesting clarifications(withOUT change log)]

Then sentence "The semantics of an
abstract process are therefore derived from those of the executable
processes to which it would be mapped." confused me as it would imply
that all abstract processes MUST be mapped to an executable process. But
I was unaware of us ever wishing to imply that? Is the only possible use
of an abstract process to create an executable process? I would draw a
distinction with point 4 at the end of the proposal which just says that
it must be possible to create an executable process through some fairly
undefined mechanism. But that is different than implying that the end
goal always is an executable process.

"One or two profile(s) will be given in the specification. " - Which is it?

"[The TC will rework the 1.1 AP definition into a profile with a
defined URI." - This sentence seems incomplete

The proposal itself is still not in a form that is readily include-able
in the spec. The list of features of abstract processes is both
incomplete (for example point 3 refers to opaque values without defining
how they work, do you intend to resolve the dependent issue first?) and
not in spec form.

I would expect that the final proposal would be in a form that is either
ready to be included in the spec or reasonably close. That is the only
way we can make sure that all the edge cases have been properly dealt
with. Otherwise the editors will end up having to find those edge cases
themselves and then file new issues. But it is not the job of the
editing team to debug proposals.

Nevertheless I am happy with the over all design and direction of the
proposal. My comments are therefore restricted to encouraging that the
proposal be completed so we can vote on it.

	Thanks,

		Yaron