Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue 92 - 92.1 - Do not associate XML namespaces withextension IDs - Proposal For Vote

This approach is appropriate for defining a XML document instance. But
we are defining a programming language that happens to use XML for its
persistence format. Therefore our extensions will not and in fact cannot
just be limited to extending the syntax of the language but also will
extend the semantics of the language, including aspects of the semantics
that are not even expressed in the syntax, such as changes or
modifications to runtime behavior.

For example, if someone decided to actually define how the elephant (the
notional BPEL message dispatcher we all work so hard not to talk about)
works they might include an extension in their BPEL declaring that their
BPEL program's logic depends on the person's interpretation of the
elephant's functionality. In that case they would place an extension
element in their BPEL process and nothing else, no elements, no
attributes, nothing beyond the extension declaration itself. Because the
thing their extension is changing is not the syntax of the BPEL process
but the expectations of the BPEL processor's behavior.

	Yaron