Subject: Re: [wsbpel] issue 111.1: Fixing up extensibility syntax in BPELby using <annotation> pattern

Hi Bernd,

Actually after more consideration, I am not sure we should use <extension> because I believe it has created confusion already between Issue 92 and Issue 111.1.

Unless Issue 92 changes the wording from <extension> to <declareExtension>, I would not try to re-use <extension> for Issue 111.1 (instead of I would use <annotation>.)

Eckenfels. Bernd wrote:
Hello,

I am strongly in favor of an <extension> element as suggested by Assaf. It is easier to scan and does not overload the annotation meaning. If we make it also repeatable, we can have the standard attributes on it, for each feature/extension:

<process>
  <extension mustUnderstand="yes" xmlns:xxx="http://example"><xxx:timeout>10</xxx:timeout></extension>
  <extension mustUnderstand="no" xmlns:xxx="http://example"><xxx:optimizeFor>speed</xxx:optimizeFor></extension>

Greetings