Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue 103 - How to write a propertyAlias for a messageType?

Hi,

How do we write a propertyAlias for a messageType?

Now that we have passed the proposal for Issue 103
with $var.part (or $var_part) amendment,
a property alias query  can not contain anything to
specify a part.

Probably we need something here to fix the problem.
Below are some ideas:

A. Introduce a special variable "source" (or other
proper name.). Bind $source to the data from which
the property value is derived.

Eg.
<propertyAlias propertyName="a:prop"
                messageType="b:msgTyp">
   <query>
     $source.part1/some/element/here
   </query>
</propertyAlias>

B. Add messagePart attribute to propertyAlias element.

Eg.
<propertyAlias propertyName="a:prop"
                messageType="b:msgTyp"
                messagePart="part1">
   <query>
     /some/element/here
   </query>
</propertyAlias>
(Must a query start with "/"?)

With B, query can be applied only to one part.
With A, you can write something like
concat($source.part1/some/element, $source.part2/another).
I prefer A.

Yuzo Fujishima
NEC Corporation