Subject: Re: AW: [wsbpel] Issue 111 - Proposal For Vote

Since issue 111.1 was closed at the last f2f only after a completely
unreasonable amount of discussion we need to make sure it is not reopened
w/o a very good motivation, and backed by new facts not already considered.
I don't believe this is the case here.

Paco

                      "Yaron Y. Goland"
                      <ygoland@bea.com>        To:       Alex Yiu <alex.yiu@oracle.com>
                                               cc:       Frank Leymann <Frank.Leymann@informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>, wsbpeltc
                      03/28/2005 03:05          <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>
                      PM                       Subject:  Re: AW: [wsbpel] Issue 111 - Proposal For Vote
                      Please respond to
                      ygoland

Alex, why don't you write up your original 111.1 proposal as it applies
to extension activities (e.g. just using a xs:any) as a separate
proposal for vote? I think we should discuss it and vote on it because I
agree with you that it is the most elegant solution to 111.

As for your new proposal, it requires us to violate our current
extension pattern. What you have done is removed the extension point at
the top of the activity's contents and moved it to the bottom. The
problem I see with this approach is that it means that any elements that
were defined for use before the standard elements would be unusable in
that position with extension activities. I don't think it is a good idea
to change the extension pattern in such an inconsistent manner.

                         Yaron