Subject: Re: [wsbpel] RE: Issue 147 - some comemnts and questions

Quoting "Eckenfels. Bernd" <B.Eckenfels@seeburger.de>:

> I also think the for-each construct is very important and
> I like the general idea Yaron is going with his proposal.
> However I have some additional comments (partially
> agreeing with Danny).
I think for-each is an important construct too. Most scripting
languages have some variant. However my main concern with
issue 147 is the mingling of a control flow with
concurrency. I feel it is good to be able understand what
the program isdoing from a quick glance. I am uncomfortable with an
important concurrency detail being hidden in an attribute
of which most programmers consider a looping construct.

I can appreciate the desire in WS-BPEL to do the equivalent of:

while()
{
   fork()
   {

   }
}

However I suspect for-each will prove to be too low
level and complicated to use (this is great for a system
programming language).
I would prefer to see dynamic "branching" done by
extending the <flow> activity. And opposed to introducing
another construct, bundles (if I understand Bundles
correctly). Issue 6.x is already going to increase the
complexity of <flow>.