Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue 109: Proposal to Vote - Compatibility betweenAbstract and Executable Processes

Rania Khalaf wrote:

> Hi Monica,
>
> I am having trouble reading the sentence. Perhaps part of the email
> got truncated ?
>
> How about adding:
>
> "an executable process that belongs to the set of permitted executable
> completions specified in the profile of a particular abstract process
> is compatible with that abstract process"

mm1:
In Section 15.2 that talks about executable completion, add:
o Where an abstract process is used [1], an EP is one of the executable
completions of the permitted set of completions specified by the AP
profile that         implements the associated abstract process and its
constraints if any.  That EP is therefore compatible with that AP process.

> The constraints are already part of the 'permitted executable
> completions' so no need to mention them. However, my question then is
> what about non-BPEL implementations? If we start the talk of
> conformance do we have to address those as well since we allow them ?
>
> Also, when you say 'map to issue xxx' do you mean 'drop since already
> handled by issue xxx' ?  I think the latter wording is clearer if that
> is what is meant.

mm1: I mean link and then indicate resolved by the other issues.

> My preference would be to close this issue without change to the spec
> since most of it is handled elsewhere and I'd like to avoid the
> conformance discussion. I would be able to live with adding the
> sentence above and closing the other 'pieces' of it. My concern there
> is regarding compliance then of non-BPEL as I state above but if the
> TC is willing to live with that I won't fight too hard.

mm1: We have discussed compatibility here rather than conformance.
However, others can express the appropriateness of this differentiation
in today's call.