Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue 99 - Updated proposal for vote

That's a fine point. I guess I consider constraints imposed on message exchanges by the control flow activities to be externally visible. So to the extent to which "exit" serves to control message exchanges, it seems externally visible, but the actual termination of a process instance seems to me to be private. I admit that I'm not sure how tenable that distinction is.

- Jim Clune
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 11:33 AM

All of our current control-flow activities (flow, sequence, pick, etc.) are legal and expected in this profile.  Are you suggesting that none of these should be in the 'external behavior' profile either?

Jim Clune wrote:
I think the externally visible aspect of a message exchange ends (by
definition) when messages are no longer being exchanged. The "exit" activity
seems to refer to a private aspect of the process's life-cycle, as there
does not seem to be a message exchange directly associated with this
activity. It seems to me that the rule of thumb should be that any activity
that does not directly involve message exchanges should not be considered
externally visible.

- Jim Clune