Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue - 198 - Proposal For Vote

I don't understand this.  Remember that the semantics of multiple correlation sets is AND.  They must all match for correlation to occur.  Thus if some sets are not in common rendezvous cannot occur.  Perhaps I am missing something.  We can discuss F2F.

________________________________

From: Yaron Y. Goland [mailto:ygoland@bea.com]
Sent: Thu 5/26/2005 4:21 PM
To: wsbpeltc
Subject: [wsbpel] Issue - 198 - Proposal For Vote

Issue 198

Proposal: Require that all multi-start activities share at least one
correlation set instead of our current requirement that all the
correlation sets must be identical.

Rationale: In order for rendezvous to occur there must be at least one
common correlation value amongst all the multi-start activities but
there is no need for more than one. In fact, it makes sense that
different multi-starts would have different correlation sets since each
multi-start supports a unique message which will carry its own values
that could be very useful in initializing a correlation set.

Section 6.5

From: If more than one start activity is enabled concurrently, then all
such activities must use at least one correlation set and must use the
same correlation sets (see Correlation and the Multiple Start Activities
example).

To: If more than one start activity is enabled concurrently, then all
such activities MUST share at least one common correlation set (see
Correlation and the Multiple Start Activities example).

Section 11.4

From: If a process has multiple start activities then all the start
activities MUST use the same correlation sets and the pattern for all
the correlation sets MUST be set to "rendezvous" (see Correlation).

To: If a process has multiple start activities then all such activities
MUST share at least one common correlation set and all correlation sets
defined on all the activities MUST be set to "rendezvous" (see Correlation).

From: Compliant implementations MUST ensure that only one of the inbound
messages carrying the same correlation set tokens actually instantiates
the business process (usually the first one to arrive, but this is
implementation dependent).

To: Compliant implementations MUST ensure that only one of the inbound
messages that will match to a single process instance actually