Subject: FW: Participation in UN/CEFACT TMG (Techniques and Methodologies Group)

Title: Participation in UN/CEFACT TMG (Techniques and Methodologies Group)
FYI - maintaining our relationship with TMG based on potential changes within TMG.

From: John Evdemon
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2005 12:21 PM
To: 'Stuhec, Gunther'
Cc: Jim Wilson; 'ch@mminf.univie.ac.at'; 'fvuille@attglobal.net'; 'Jean.Kubler@unece.org'; Marion Royal (GSA); Teresa Sorrenti (GSA); Dave Welsh; Klaus-Dieter Naujok

Good afternoon Gunther,

I was subscribed to the list when Dave Welsh was the liaison contact for UN/CEFACT.  We spoke with Dave about establishing a liaison between the OASIS BPEL TC and TMG.  We have reported on TMG progress in many of our past
 BPEL TC meetings.  I am also interested in sharing the progress of the BPEL TC with TMG.

would like to remain subscribed as an observer to the list in order to maintain contact between the BPEL TC and the TMG (I'm primarily interested in the group's UMM work, not BPSS).

BPEL is fast becoming the technical standard for business process orchestration of Web services based upon industry analyst reviews and vendor/customer adoption.  Every major software vendor in the world is offering or planning to offer BPEL-related products.  I believe there are positive future opportunities for synergy between BPEL and UMM as a way to connect business process modeling with Web services implementations.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Sincerely,

John

John Evdemon
Co-Chair, OASIS WSBPEL Technical Committee
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsbpel