Subject: RE: [wsbpel] New Issue 215: Conflicting Receive in Parallel Foreach?

Title: Message
Alex,

My point is that, once we rule out regular CorrelationSets (already addressed by the current spec) and WS-A (ruled out, at least for this BPEL version, by 96), what is left is any possible way by which a Dispatcher might decide to establish the association between incoming messages and existing process instances (load-balancing being just one possibility). That's why I would not be comfortable with classifying that whole variety of possible strategies under the label of "implicit correlation set".

Ugo
-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Yiu [mailto:alex.yiu@oracle.com]
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 8:41 PM
To: Ugo Corda
Cc: Danny van der Rijn; wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org

Ugo,

Clarification:

Under your description, "dispatcher policies" seem to look like a load-balancing policy?

On the other hand, "implicit engine-managed correlation set" is a kind of engine-managed correlation that is bundled / encapsulated within the partnerLink. If one uses WS-A as the message correlation mechansim in a parnterLink, one would not need to mention WS-A  in every single message operation. ("invoke", "receive" and etc).

Make sense to you?

Ugo Corda wrote:
I am not even sure that it makes sense to talk about "implicit
correlation sets". These "implicit correlation sets" might just boil
down to specific Dispatcher policies (e.g. the Dispatcher assign the
incoming message to the process instance which has been the least active
so far), instead of being based on actual information carried on the
wire by the message itself (like our regular CorrelationSets, or like
other mechanisms based on WS-Addressing).

Ugo