Subject: Re: Fw: [wsbpel] Issue - 157 - conf call brief recap ... and carryforward ...

Hi,

Regarding to the second point, I would tend to agree with what Chris's viewpoint. It depends how one would interprete "virtually exactly same XML form (morphology)".

Using Chris' example, I would tend to say: an element of a simpleType (hence simpleContent) (e.g. xsd:int) would be somehow "morphable" to an attribute of a simpleType (e.g. xsd:int). The content of these two XML items are of the same nature, while content are contained by XML items with different structures.

Even though we said the runtime prospect of <copy> is schema-type-unaware as of BPEL 2.0, when we designed the "F2F-table", we did it under the spirit and framework of XML Schema typing. Together with schema-related static-analysis of <copy>, we would be still a good citizen in XSD world.

Chris Keller wrote:

Hi Ron,

Right, you would also have child elements separating the text (as per Alex’s elaboration of my example, thanks Alex).  What I was getting at is that there are many cases where /a/b/text() would produce more than one text node (or zero) and produce a selectionFailure.

- Chris