Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 221 - Questions around bpel:missingReply

Did we ever agree to put in language that made it clear that while
missingReply was guaranteed to be thrown before a process finally exits
it nevertheless can be thrown at any earlier point as soon as the engine
determines that a reply cannot be executed?

E.g.

process
    sequence
       request ...
       if
         reply

Assuming that the only use of the reply activity in the entire process
is inside of the if and assuming that on this execution the if condition
failed so the reply wasn't executed then a smart processor could throw
the missingReply fault at any point from when the if's condition failed
until just before the process exits.

An alternative approach would be to mandate that at the instant that it
is impossible for the reply to ever be called the engine MUST throw the
missingReply fault. The purpose in having a more restrictive
interpretation is that this would give some 'locality' to where the
fault will be thrown and allow people to put fault handlers to deal with
this situation somewhere other than the global scope.

	Just thinking out loud,

		Yaron