Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 111 - Proposal For Vote

Hi Chris,

If we adopt Yaron's May proposal, the similar code example will look like the following:
(Note: the location change of <source> element)

<flow>
  <receive ...>
     <target linkName="l1"/>
  </receive>
  <receive ...>
     <ns1:assert>...expression...</ns1:assert>
     <target linkName="l1"/>
  </receive>
  <extensionActivityWrapper>
     <ns2:call process="ns:name">
        <ns1:assert>...expression...</ns1:assert>
        <source linkName="l1"/>
     <ns2:call/>
  </extensionActivityWrapper>
</flow>

Now, the syntaxes between standard activity and extended activity has a much higher consistency, which Yaron and I are trying to achieve.

I guess that would fit Chris' preference and requirement also.

Furthermore, Yaron's May proposal asserts that the XML element inside extensionActivity wrapper "MUST make available BPEL's standard-attributes and standard-elements" (i.e. including <bpel:source>, <bpel:target> and etc) [Also, that is, the XML element must exhibit the syntax of an standard activity (bpws:tActivity) ]

Danny van der Rijn wrote:

Chris Keller wrote:
Hi Danny,

You could write it that way but if your readers are setup to find them at
the activity layer like sources and targets then they wouldn't find them.

Right.

Plus it will be inconsistent for example:

<flow>
  <receive ...>
     <target linkName="l1"/>
  </receive>
  <receive ...>
     <target linkName="l1"/>
     <ns1:assert>...expression...</ns1:assert>
  </receive>
  <extensionActivityWrapper>
     <source linkName="l1"/>
     <ns2:call process="ns:name">
        <ns1:assert>...expression...</ns1:assert>
     <ns2:call/>
  </extensionActivityWrapper>
</flow>

Notice how standard elements will be with the wrapper but my extended
standard elements are not.

We're in agreement there, just disagreement in how important it is to have this kind of consistency.
- Chris