Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue 88 - Proposal to vote

Hi Dieter,

Dieter Koenig1 wrote:

>IMO, the proposed specification text answers this question:
>
>- namespace. (...) An import element without a namespace attribute
>indicates that external definitions are in use which are not namespace
>qualified.
>
>- location. (...) An import element without a location attribute indicates
>that external definitions are used by the process but makes no statement
>about where those definitions may be found.
>
>Both cases may apply at the same time.

It is not clear to me how both can apply at the same time.
We do not have namespace URI to infer what the definitions and if they
are not name space qualified the location URI tells us where to import
them from. But if both are missing it is essentially an empty <import>
but for the importType, which does not have enough information to
import anything. I understand schema allows an empty import <import/>
but I don't get the usage scenario? When would we expect a user use such
empty import statement in BPEL and what should the processor do?

Thanks.