Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue 157 - Rania's latest revision of RE desc

Hi Alex,

the semantics is the same. However, the description is different.

Perhaps a middle of the way solution would be not to talk about a
sequence of steps (first, then, extra step) but just about what the
desired result is shown below. This is proposed to replace the entire RE
section of Charlton's document:

RE: Replace the entire element at the destination with a copy of the
entire element at the source. An attribute named 'keepSrcElementName' is
provided for flexiblity on the name of the copied element:
	- Its default value is 'no', in which case the name [ie. [namespace
name] and [local name] of the original destination element is  used as
the name of the copied element.

	- When the keepSrcElementName attribute is set ("yes"|"no"), the
selection results of the from-spec and to-spec MUST be elements. A BPEL
processor MAY enforce this checking through static analysis of the
expression/query language. If a violation is detected during runtime, a
bpws:selectionFailure fault MUST be thrown.

Examples:

consider the following variables and copy statements. Note that in both
cases, var1 stays the same
:
   var1: <tns:a z='0'>123</tns:a>
   var2: <tns:b x='1'>456</tns:b>

<copy keepSrcElementName='yes'>
    <from>$var1/tns:a</from>
    <to>$var2/tns:b</to>
</copy>

Would result in var2: <tns:a z='0'>123</tns:a>

And

<copy>
    <from>$var1/tns:a</from>
    <to>$var2/tns:b</to>
</copy>

Would result in var2: <tns:b z='0'>123</tns:b>