Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue 157 Proposal - August 17 Revision

Hi Chris,

I understand your points ...  I don't have a strong opinion on which
fault should be thrown for this particular case as of this moment. [
But, I still have a not-so-strong preference ... :-) ]

 From some viewpoints, it can be grouped to selectionFailure, because it
is related to non-existence nature of data returned from the from-spec
(i.e. empty string) and the after effect of <copy> operation. (i.e. text
node becomes non-existent).

 From some viewpoints, it can be grouped to mismatchedAssignmentFailure,
because it is related to certain undesirable combination between RValue
item and LValue item.

On the other hand, I would to add: mismatchedAssignmentFailure so far is
reserved for _type mismatch_, not data value mismatch (which is our
case; data type can be both string type). Quoted from spec:  "Thrown
when incompatible types are encountered in an assign activity".

Also, selectionFailure has been generalized to report the cases of
Document-II or Comment-II selection.

I guess it is a question which fault to be generalized.

Given we may touch the definition of "mismatchedAssignFailure" during
Issue 51, how about taking "selectionFailure" for now? And, open a new
bug issue to track whether "selectionFailure" should be replaced by
"mismatchedAssignFailure" in this particular case. Let's tackle this
which fault to throw issue after Issue 51 is resolved?

Would that work for you?