Subject: Issue - 11 - Proposal to vote

The recent appends related to issue 11 show a lot of interest in
introducing XSLT under the assign activity. We definitely support the idea
of building on standardized data manipulation languages as opposed to
inventing our own (which has never been an objective of WS-BPEL).

Without getting into the formal discussion (XSLT has been rejected in Issue
48; XSLT is a major feature and not a bug), we would like bring up some of
our concerns with the current approach. We recognize that there is a lot of
good work being done right now, however, a long process for the c
larification of the BPEL data access from XSLT (similar to 103 for XPath)
is not really an option if we want to finalize the specification soon.