Subject: Outgoing link from a fault handler

Hi,

Could someone help me understand a restriction on link?

In the last paragraph of "12.6 Flow",
  In addition, a link that crosses a fault-handler boundary
  MUST be outbound, that is, it MUST have its source activity
  within the fault handler and its target activity within a
  scope that encloses the scope associated with the fault handler.

What is the rationale behind the line above?

Example:

Scope A
  Sequence
    Scope B
      Sequence
        Scope C
          FaultHandler D
            Activity E
        Activity F
    Scope G
      Activity H
    Activity I

As far as I understand the specification,
Link from E:
  to F: Allowed, because B encloses C
  to H: Disallowed, because G does not enclose C.
  to I: Allowed, because A encloses C, although indirectly via B.

I don't quite understand why we should allow/disallow linking as above.

Some may claim:
  E to H is allowed, because it is within A, because it is WITHIN A,
  although indirectly.

One of the problems is, IMHO, the definition of "WITHIN A SCOPE" is unclear.

Yuzo Fujishima
NEC Corporation