Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 11 - Proposal to vote

Satish,

    The current proposal doesn't affect the extension mechanisms already
available to vendors to add other transformation technologies. Vendors
will still have to think out how the data models between the BPEL
universal and the transformation universe intersect. If a vendor were
contemplating adding support for a transformation language that used
XPath 1.0's data model, he might look use the doXslTransform() extension
function as a guide.

    With Chris's latest change to the proposal, we have a very clean,
one-way transition between the BPEL and XSLT worlds. In particular it
leverages all of our hard work nailing down the semantics of issue 103
(and its friends & relations), leaving us with a very clean hand-off
between BPEL's XPath 1.0 view of its data model and the XSLT 1.0
mechanism for communicating "parameters" from the world outside the XSLT
engine. This leaves us with the relatively simple job of describing a
straightforward XPath 1.0 extension function.

-Ron