Subject: Re: [wsbpel] State recovery in compensation

As I understand the intent of the resolution of issue 3:

Any data values established by the scope's pre-compensation completion
are frozen (there is no means of changing those values: the scope's
activity is finished -- in that sense they are "snapshotted", but in
fact snapshot is a logical no-op). The compensation handler is seen as a
logical extension of the scope's work, if invoked, and therefore shares
the current state of the scope which equals: the state of the scope
after all of its forward work is completed + the current state of all
enclosing scopes' data values. In other words the compensation handler
operates on currently existing reality at the point of handler
invocation, and not on a snapshot of reality as it was at the point of
scope "completion" (end of forward work).

It seems evident, as you point out, that all data items that have state
should be accessible according to these rules, if I have understood
correctly.

Alastair