Subject: Issue 241 - Note for Discussion

Hi all,

Here is the note for discussion for Issue 241.

Title: Issue 241

Note on Issue 241 (Potential Directional Vote Draft)

Last modified: Feb 21, 2005

Terminology:

Resources
Resolving To
Declaration Locally in the Associated Scope
variables [Note #1]

[Currently: resolving to associated scope only]
Suggestion: kept the same [Rationale #1]
[Currently: implicit declaration] [Note #2]
Suggestion: kept the same [Rationale #1]
partnerLink
[Currently: seem like resolving to ancestor scopes only]
Suggestion: resolving to the associated scope first and then ancestor scopes
[Currently: after passing Issue 204, partnerLink can be declared locally]
Suggestion
: kept the same (maybe with explicit text clarification)
correlation set
[Currently: seem like resolving to resolving to the associated scope first and then ancestor scopes]
Suggestion: resolving to the associated scope first and then ancestor scopes (using <correlation> syntax) (maybe with explicit text clarification)
[Currently: CS can be declared locally]
(using <correlationSet> syntax)
Suggestion
: kept the same
messageExchange
There were two options discussed during F2F: [Note #3]
  • same as variable
  • same as correlationSet/partnerLink
[Currently: MsgExchange can be declared locally, including the default message exchange]
Suggestion
: kept the same

Note #1: Variables include all these cases:
Note #2: Definition of Implicit Variable Declaration:

Rationale #1:  [decision point here]

Note #3: There were two options discussed during F2F:  [decision point here]
(A) same as variable: Assuming variable is resolved to associated scope only. That means the messageExchange is resolved to associated scope only.
(B) same as correlationSet/partnerLink: That means the messageExchange can be resolved to a parent scope
F2F attendents seem like preferring this one (B) so far.

[AYIU: IMHO, I am wondering what is a legal usage patter for (B)?  Can we construct a general legal case? I don't need a meaningful one but just a legal one.

Minor adjustment of  Issue 123 Resolution:

When I was proposing the amendment to Chris' proposal on Issue 123 to drop "partnerLink" from the list:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wsbpel/200512/msg00050.html
because I was aware that partnerLink resolution is different from variable.

Unfortunately, I was not aware that the resolution of variables and correlation set in the current spec text is different at that time. If I was aware that at that time, I would suggest just listing variable in the resolution rule in Issue 123 proposal.

One way or the other based on the decision point on  [Note #3]. I suggest to clarify Issue 123 resolution.