Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Groups - New Action Item #0067 Change example XPathexpression ...

Hi Mark,

Thank you for bringing up this XPath detail. Now I understand what you are referring to now.

And, I agree with you generally speaking. Either "/*" or "/line" can be added to clarify and correct the second expression. I tend to prefer adding "/line" because this gives a better constrary with the first expression.

I would suggest to change the second expression from:
a collection of XML infoset items e.g. $myFooVar/lines
to:
a collection of XML infoset items e.g. $myFooVar/lines/line

One way or the other ( "/*" or "/line") please update the Action Item description. So the editor group would apply the change that you desire precisely.

Mark Ford wrote:
The example Xpath expressions from those two lines are as follows:

.	a single XML infoset item: e.g. $myFooVar/lines/line[2]
.	a collection of XML infoset items e.g. $myFooVar/lines

After reading that, I imagine that the XML might look like this:

<var>
  <lines>
     <line>one</line>
     <line>two</line>
     <line>three</line>
   </lines>
</var>

The first expression illustrates selecting a single infoset item, which
would result in the 2nd line element.

The second expression would select a single element, the lines element. This
element has multiple children, but it's still a single element. In order to
get multiple elements back from the expression you would have to select the
individual lines. This could be done a number of ways but I think
$myFooVar/lines/* is the clearest.

If I misread the above or if you feel strongly about keeping the current
example then I'll remove the action item since it's a minor thing and I
don't want to open debate on a section we already reviewed.

Thanks