Subject: wsbpel 3/31/2006: Clarification on No Process Instance Statement onCorrelation (9.2)

Reference: Chapter 9.2: Declaring and Using Correlation Sets.

During the editor review cycle, this statement was added by Dieter
Koenig in the explanation of initiate attribute and corresponding semantics.

    ..."The scenario in which an inbound message carries correlation
    values such that no process instance is found is out of scope of
    this specification."...

Suggest this statement be re-evaluated as it is somewhat unclear if the
scenario relates to:

    * When in some cases (start activities), a new instance has to be
      created when such a message arrives.
    * Or, if not, we should consider a fault is raised to the engine or
      the web service corresponding to the engine (which is also leaving
      it somewhat undefined).

Dieter, perhaps you can shed some light on the editors' discussion and
the intent of this statement in the context of Section 9.2. Then, we can
determine how to proceed. Thanks.