Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue - 259 - Rename countCompletedBranchesOnly in forEach

Alejandro, the attribute actually resides on the branches element, but I
agree with the rest - this branches element is only about the number of
completed branches.

<forEach ...>
   <completionCondition>
      <branches successfulBranchesOnly="yes"> 42 </branches>
   </completionCondition>
</forEach>

Kind Regards
DK

             "Alejandro
             Guizar"
             <alex.guizar@jbos                                          To
             s.com>                    Dieter Koenig1/Germany/IBM@IBMDE,
                                       "Danny van der Rijn"
             06.04.2006 11:02          <dannyv@tibco.com>
                                                                        cc
                                       <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [wsbpel] Issue - 259 - Rename
                                       countCompletedBranchesOnly in
                                       forEach

successfulBranchesOnly does not make as much sense when you think about
it separately. However, when you place it in the context of the forEach
element:

<forEach successfulBranchesOnly="yes" />

the word "count" becomes somewhat redundant - forEach already conveys
the notion of counting. I like "successfulBranchesOnly", too.

-Alejandro

cc
>              06.04.2006 01:16

Subject
>                                        Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 259 -
Rename
>                                        countCompletedBranchesOnly in
>                                        forEach
>

> I agree with your logic.  Can we shorten it be removing "count":
> "successfulBranchesOnly"
>
> Alejandro Guizar wrote:
>       +1, although the "Only" particle must remain to preserve the
> original
>       meaning: 'countSuccessfulBranchesOnly'
>
>       'countSuccessfullyCompletedBranchesOnly' is way too long.
>
>       -Alejandro

consideration.
>       Otherwise it will remain as "received".
>

>       The issues list is posted as a Technical Committee document to
the
>       OASIS WSBPEL TC pages on a regular basis. The current edition,
as a
>       TC document, is the most recent version of the document entitled
in
>       the "Issues" folder of the WSBPEL TC document list - the next
> posting
>       as a TC document will include this issue. The list editor's
working
>       copy, which will normally include an issue when it is announced,
is
>       available at this constant URL.
>

>       Issue - 259 - Rename countCompletedBranchesOnly in forEach
>       Date added: 5 Apr 2006
>       Categories: Syntax & validation
>       Date submitted: 05 April 2006
>       Submitter: Simon D Moser
>       Document: WS-BPEL 2.0 Specfication (05 Apr 2006)
>       "countCompletedBranchesOnly". In section 11.7 it is clearly
defined
>       that a "completed" branch is only one that is sucessfully
completed.
>       Therefore, to avoid confusion, the attribute should be renamed
>       "countSuccessfullyCompletedBranchesOnly".
>       Submitter's proposal: Rename the forEach attribute
>       "countCompletedBranchesOnly" to
>       "countSuccessfullyCompletedBranchesOnly" in both the spec text
>       (wherever it occurs) and the BPEL Schema
>       Changes: 5 Apr 2006 - new issue
>

>       To comment on this issue (including whether it should be
accepted),
>       please follow-up to this announcement on the
>       wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org list (replying to this message
should
>       automatically send your message to that list), or ensure the
subject
>       line as you send it starts "Issue - 259 - [anything]" or is a
reply
>       to such a message. If you want to formally propose a resolution
> an
>       open issue, please start the subject line "Issue - 259 -
Proposed
>       resolution", without any Re: or similar.
>

>       To add a new issue, see the issues procedures document (but the
>       address for new issue submission is the sender of this
> announcement).

that
>       generates this mail. You may a link to this group and all your
TCs