Subject: Fwd: New Issue>Use of CamelCase Conceptual descriptive terms in additionto free form and syntactic element forms]

Forwarding to the list, as my first attempt bounced..

Prasad

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:35:40 -0700
From: Prasad Yendluri <pyendluri@webmethods.com>
To: peter.furniss@erebor.co.uk, drj@us.ibm.com, wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org

Peter, Diane,

I am submitting this issue as suggested in the chapter 9 review meeting.

Regards,
Prasad

Chapter 9 of the specification uses the CamelCase form "CorrelationSet" to refer to the "conceptual term" in addition to the Syntactic element form <CorrelationSet> and the free form text with separate terms "correlation set".  There were arguments for and against removal of the camel case form and using the syntactic element form and the free form text kinds only, though out.

There are also other such special terms such as FaultHandler and EventHandler that have the same issue associated with them. Any resolution should be applied uniformly to all applicable special terms.

Proposed Resolution:

(1) Use only  the syntactic element and free form text kinds only through out.

If the above is not done then

(2) Add a clear explanation that explains the use of the CamelCase forms in the "2. Notational Conventions" section.